at Keyboard Music Works are offered in a classroom with top-of-the-line electric pianos featuring realistic touch and sound. Students learn to play together using various sounds performing along with rhythms and impressive accompaniments. No one sounds like a beginner! In the group lessons:
are given to all Keyboard Music Works students. All students take private lessons during the summer and a combination of group and private lessons during the school year. The private lessons focus on their goals, preparing for recitals and performances throughout the year. I truly enjoy the variety of students I work with and the different types of music they bring into my life. It's my job to introduce them to Classical music, but I am happy to experiment with the kinds of music they want to learn as well. I have students who:
- Play high-level Classical repertoire.
- Enter various competitions, moving up in levels each year.
- Arrange familiar music as piano solos or as accompaniment for singers.
- Compose their own music.
- Enjoy jazz and learn to improvise.
- Play piano for their school choirs, orchestras, jazz bands, or church groups.